This week has been quite and experience – holiday with the kids home, art home work, and all the other usual things that are a part of every day life. For the first time in my life I painted a self portrait. Hope I never have to do it again. It was 2 days of looking at myself for hours.
Well, this week I wanted to bake something with chocolate, but I also had 2 bananas that needed using. The choice was chocolate banana cake (which I love) or chocolate chip banana muffins. Since I had never made banana choco chip muffins I thought I should do something different.
I don’t know how many people choose to use this combination. I think it is a love it or hate it type of situation – and I LOVE it!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (165 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar (85 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 170 grams)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in bananas and then the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. (I just use silicon muffin cups.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.