I thought I’d add a simple useful recipe that I use often. It is some soft buns. I got this recipe from my sister and the buns have always turned out great.
Supper Fluffy Buns
- 100 g butter or margarine
- 50 g yeast
- 250 ml milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500 g flour
- In a small pot warm up milk.
- Cut butter into pieces and melt in warm milk by mixing. Add sugar and salt.
- When milk is cool enough to put your clean pinky finger into it, add yeast and mix with a wooden spoon till dissolved.
- Add flour gradually mixing in each addition of flour thoroughly. Keep adding flour until the dough forms a soft ball and dough is still slightly sticky.
- Remove dough onto a floured surface and with floured hands knead dough for 5 minutes, adding flour to avoid sticking. Form into a ball.
- Leave dough in a big bowl in a warm place covered with a cloth. Let rise till doubled – for 40 minutes.
- Kneed dough and roll into 16 small buns of 12 medium buns. Brush buns with egg white or mixed egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat while hot with butter or other desired toppings.
I often add other ingredients to the dough. For example, sunflower seeds, raisins, or chocolate chips. I just add them to the dough when I am kneading it for the last time before rolling it into buns.