Flourless Chocolate Cake
This was the first time I ever made a flourless cake but it turned out pretty good. I think it may need to cook for 5 or 10 minutes longer if you don’t want it to be so liquid inside. I would say it is similar to a lava cake in that the center is very soft and it tastes great with cream/ whipped cream and blackberry sauce.
- 4 (1 ounce)(28.35 grams) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch round cake pan or 10 – 12 cupcake molds, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. (Some if the cake stuck to the bottom of the pan. I actually used a porcelain baking tray as I didn’t have a small metal one. ) Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving. (I didn’t try reheating it.)
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries and a dusting of powdered sugar for a dessert made for company.
I hope you try it. Please write if you make any changes and let me know how your flourless caketurns out.