This chocolate banana cake is one of my favourite cakes. It’s one of those ones I made a number of times after finding the recipe. That could be because it looks like chocolate but tastes like banana – I’m not really sure. But it is fluffy, satisfying and easy to make.
- 2 cups (400 g) white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (245 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (75 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 (120 ml) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use vanilla sugar)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees C (180 degrees F).
- Grease or line a 9 x 13 baking tray.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a big bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, mashed banana, water, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry and whisk or stir till mixed.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove when done and cool on a wire rack.
There you have it. Easy, good, and turns out right every time. I’ve actually also halved the recipe and baked it in a loaf pan – that turned out great as well.
Of course, a chocolate icing goes well with this Chocolate Banana cake. I’ll post some icings I use in the near future. Enjoy!