A pie!! I am finally adding a pie recipe. I find pie recipes a little more time consuming than cakes so I don’t make them very often. This Lemon Blueberry Pie was not very complicated and well worth the effort. I made it for my sister’s birthday party along with 3 other types of cake, and the tray was scraped clean.
You may notice in the picture that the top of the pie looks a bit watery. That is because I made the pie the day before and then took it for a half-an-hour ride to the party venue. Poor pie! I felt bad for it when we arrived.
I then decided to decorate it with whipped cream to try to cover up some of the mess I had made. That turned out to be a good idea.
Lemon Blueberry Pie
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch ( may have used 3 due to using frozen berries)
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs (I use Marie cookies)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (115 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and partway up sides of buttered 9″ springform pan; chill. (I used a rectangular glass tray so I could serve it as is.)
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie shell.
- In a saucepan, toss blueberries and sugar.
- Mix orange juice and cornstarch; add to blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes, stirring gently. Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over lemon layer.
- Chill pie for 4 to 6 hours.
It was a tasty creamy sweet and tangy snack. One which was easy to eat a lot of – if you ask me.
Take some time out of your busy schedule to relax while you try this Lemon Blueberry Pie. Maybe you could even make it for Valentine’s Day for friends or family. Why not?