I wanted to make something I had never tried before but nothing extravagant because I had already baked a few things this week. I was looking through my recipes when I came across this Blonde Brownie recipe… I knew it was the one.
It turned out great… chewy and delicious! And what more? It was easy to make.
Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (255 grams)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter (130 g)
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (450 grams)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I didn’t use any)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 180 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and set aside.
- Using a large pan, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar. Let this cool for about 10 minutes and then add the eggs one at a time. Be sure to beat well after adding each egg.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of flour to the chocolate chips and nuts; then, fold them into the batter.
- Pour into the greased pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides.
- Cut into small squares when cool.
I baked mine for 25 minutes and it was very dark brown on the edges. I think I’ll try a few minutes less next time.
I actually didn’t have any chocolate chips on hand so I cut up a chocolate bar – which worked out fine. I do believe I will be making this Blonde Brownie with Chocolate Chips again in the not so distant future. Hope you do too.