Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins have became one of my favourites. They are moist, crunchy from the walnuts, chocolaty from the choco-chips and filled with healthy vegetable – so slightly green.
What a great Mother’s Day treat. Healthy and tasty!! – and a breeze to make.
Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (half a medium zucchini about 300 grams) shredded zucchini, drained
- 1/4 cup (35-40 grams) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (30 grams)chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until muffins poked in the centre test done.
I’m sold on vegetable muffins… what a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins could take a little chocolate icing made of melted milk or dark chocolate if you want to add a little decoration.