I was looking for a simple baked potato recipe when I came across this one on Food Wishes and adapted it slightly. From the first time I made it this recipe became my favourite way of baking potatoes and our families favourite way of eating them. These Cyan Baked Potatoes are crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. They are easy to cook and difficult to go wrong with.
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 3 sprigs rosemary (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, whole, peeled, bruised
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of cayenne (I use a few more.)
- Cut the potatoes into half (or quarters if desired), put them in a pot, and cover with water.
- Pound 3 sprigs rosemary with a knife, and put the in the pot.
- Add 3 cloves garlic, 2 bay leaves, and 2 tablespoon salt in the pot. Give it a stir.
- Bring it to a boil. Then boil for 5 minutes.
- After that, drain them.
- Once the potatoes are dried,(I lay them out in a single layer on a baking tray so they dry faster.) put them in the dry pot.
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, a pinch of cayenne and salt into a pot. Give it a stir.
- Then transfer the potatoes to a mat on a baking pan.
- Put them in an oven, and cook at 375F (165 degrees C) for 35 minutes (or till golden brown.)
- Eat hot!!
We enjoy eating these Crusty Cyan Potatoes with a scrumptious lemon chicken recipe with a lemon gravy. I may add that recipe some time soon.