This is a lovely fresh treat – great for summer. Strawberries and cream with a twist becomes Cream filled Strawberries. I found this recipe in Joy of Baking and had to try it. It is perfect for a summer snack, “pick up and eat” get together dish or as a buffet dessert.
I made these with my daughter and we had a lot of fun filling the strawberries.
Cream Filled Strawberries Recipe
- 15 large fresh strawberries (I used 500 grams medium strawberries)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold Philadelphia cream cheese (can substitute with regular cream cheese)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold heavy whipping cream (35-40% butterfat content)
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use vanilla sugar)
- Wash and drain strawberries.
- Stand strawberries on their wide side. If they do not stand straight slice the bottom off.
- Slit strawberries twice 3/4 of the way down in a cross shape (see photos).
- Put remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat till fluffy.
- Put cream mixture into a icing gun with a star tip.
- Squeeze cream into the middle of the strawberries starting at the bottom moving upward.
- Serve on a nice tray.
We didn’t cut of the leaves and stem since the instructions said not to. We found it very difficult to take them off while eating so I would recommend cutting the bottom of the strawberries off on all of them.
I hope you try this refreshing treat of Cream filled Strawberries.