This is a dish we have had a few times at local cafés and then decided to reproduce ourselves. It’s quick easy and mouthwatering. If you haven’t tried it before but enjoy juicy chicken and cheesy tortilla chips you’ve got to try it.
Mouthwatering Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Chips
Total time: 35 minutes
Cooking/baking time: 20 – 25
Quantity: 2 big eaters or 4 medium eaters
- 200 grams chicken, strips
- 200 grams cheese, Tex Mex Mix or other of your choice
- 200 grams Tortilla chips, Chilli or Cheese flavour
- Cyan pepper or chilli powder, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for frying
- Vegetables such as broccoli or corn, optional
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Cut chicken into strips and fry till white. Add vegetables and spices and cook for another minute.
- Choose a medium baking tray and make 2 layers of tortilla chips and cheese. Then, spread chicken mix over the top layer and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Eat immediately with your fingers or a fork being sure to have cheese and tortillas in every bite.
There are so many different dips you eat with this tortilla dish, for example, a cheese dip made with cream cheese, crème fraiche, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper – which is my all time favourite. Or you can try an avocado or salsa dip.
This is so easy to make and a real time saver on a busy day. Of course you can add more cheese or chicken to your liking. This Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Chip recipe can easily be adapted to your tastes.
Hope you are having a good weekend!