School started this week and that included – ME. It’s time for those speedy meals again, including, tortilla wraps, tuna pasta salad, baked fish and chips, and home made pizza. I can now add a new one to my list: ham and cheese pasta.
I was reading recipes a few weeks ago when I came across a cheese macaroni recipe. It brought to mind the many times I had eaten it as a child. As a child however, we never had meat added to it just good old cheese. Now a days with the high protein diet I try to stick to, I like to include extra protein where ever I can. So in this case, ham is a perfect addition.
I used the basic idea of ingredients from a recipe in allrecipes.com but used only half the pasta, double the ham and other ingredients I had on hand. Ham and cheese pasta is so simple to make and easy to eat…even the picky little one gobbled it up in no time.
Ham and Cheese Pasta
Serving size: 3 medium eaters
- 100 grams pasta, of your choice, make it cute
- 400 grams ham, cubed or shredded and fried or boiled
- 170 grams grated mozzarella, or your favorate cheese
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I grate it in my smallest grater.)
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (450 ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used about 30 grams)
- bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cyan peper, to taste (optional)