I made this Chocolate Almond Fudge last week for my husband’s birthday, along with coconut pops, apple cinnamon pops and a flourless chocolate cake, and they were the most popular item. Despite not having enough marshmallows, they were fabulous – rich, crunchy but still dissolved in our mouths.
I found the recipe in blog called Foodie Crush. Now, it is here for you.
Chocolate Almond Fudge
1. In a large mixing bowl, add:
- 120 grams or 8 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 12 oz. package (ca. 340 grams) semi sweet chocolate chips
2. In a large pan stir together:
- 2 cups (420 grams) sugar and
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, until mixed
Then add 12- 15 large, fresh marshmallows (I only had 6 large normal ones)
3. Cook over medium heat, and stir constantly, I use a rubber spatula to stir and clean the sides of the pan. Once the mixture has melted, continue to cook and stir a bit more until you’re sure the sugar has melted; don’t let it change color.
4. Pour the hot mixture over the ingredients in the bowl and stir until the butter and chocolate melt then add:
- ¾ cups chopped nuts (I used almonds and I may have used a little less)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
5. Continue to stir vigorously until it is very well mixed.
6. Spray an 11” x 7” pan with cooking spray or just line it with baking paper like I did. I didn’t have an 11″ x 7″ pan so I just used my 8″ x 4″ pan which made the pieces a bit fatter. I don’t really think this was a problem.
7. Pour fudge into the pan and refrigerate until cool and set.
8. Cut into 1 inch cubes and eat…not all of them in one serving. Ha.
These were real good and easy to make so I believe I will make them again in the future. Hope you try them and enjoy them like we did.
Have a gr8 weekend!!