I bought 200 grams of black bean spaghetti about 2 months ago but never thought of how to use it. Then yesterday, I needed something quick to make for myself for dinner since my son asked for french toast. I went to Pinterest, as I often do, for answers. Here is the proof of my success.
The recipe I used for inspiration is here.
- 100 grams black bean spaghetti, boiled till slightly chewy (the texture is different from other pastas)
- half a small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, put through a press
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- cyan pepper, salt, and pepper to taste
- Boil spaghetti. Once cooked. remove from heat and add frozen peas. Mix together and then drain water.
- Heat a tbsp veggie oil. Fry onion for a minute, then add garlic and fry till translucent.
- Add condiments and herbs
- Add spaghetti and peas and fry for a minute till all ingredients are well combined.
I added some tomatoes just for color. This quantity was enough for me for 2 meals (I think I’m a medium sized eater. I’m very happy I discovered this type of pasta as it’s satisfying and healthy! I would highly recommend it for health freaks and others.
I just have to add that I made my son taste some and the veggie/bean hater that he is actually said he liked it. (I still haven’t told him it was made out of beans.)
Go on try it…I know you want to. (^-^)