Ok I’m sold!! I will officially begin making no-churn ice cream more often. Of course I knew it was possible and that it tasted great but making it myself was just one of those mental blocks I’ve had. The recipe came about because I bought a number of cream cheese packets on sale and I decide I wanted to make cheese cake. I didn’t however want to spend much time on it and didn’t want to bake it.
I started looking for cream cheese deserts on Pinterest and decided I wanted to make a frozen one. After reading a few recipes I decided just do my own thing with what had on hand. Here goes the recipe:
- 600 grams cream cheese
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- juice from 1 lemon, about 5 tbsp (will use some zest next time for more zing)
- 5-6 digestive cookies, crushed
- 100 grams frozen berries, I used blueberries and raspberries
- Whisk cream cheese with an electric whisk till smooth. Then add condensed milk a give a quick whisk again.
- Add vanilla sugar and lemon juice and mix. It seems quite liquid at this point but it thickens nicely after sitting for a little while.
- Layer the ingredients. I put cream cheese mix, berries, crumble then repeated it 3 times. I didn’t put much crumble on top though. (I think I’ll but more berries and more crumble next time.)
- Put in freezer until it is as firm as you want it.
After about 3 hours it was still very soft so we just ate a little to taste. I used an ice cream scoop but the balls just crumbled apart where the crumbs were. After leaving it in the freezer over night we ate some again and this time it was too hard to scoop out so I just cut it with a knife instead.
It’s been 3 weeks since I made this cheese cake ice-cream and wrote this post but forgot to publish it. My birthday is coming up this weekend and I’ve decided that I’m going to make it again but maybe with a twist. I found a recipe with a blueberry sauce swirled in and I think that will look very nice…and of course taste nice too.
I’ll add the blueberry sauce link here that I plan on using along with my own recipe.
I really really think everyone should try this cream cheese ice cream it’s so good and easy to make!! Why can’t I find any emojis on WordPress to add here? I miss them every time I write a post.