I created these recipes last week for my students in 8th grade. We were having a “mini-community” week where each class had to make something to sell to the rest of the school and visiting family members. The students, we were 2 classes working together on the bar, voted for a milk and juice bar which we called Milk ‘n’ Juicy. Along with my students, we decided what we wanted the milkshakes to be like and I then made the recipes to fit our budget and blender.
We made jordbær milkshake (strawberry milkshake), kakaomælk med is (chocolate milk with ice-cream), and Oreo milkshake.
Ingredients: (around 1.5 liters)
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 7.5 dl milk
- 1.3 dl heavy cream (I used 38% fat)
- 300 grams frozen strawberries
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- whipping cream, melted chocolate and pink sprinkles and dried strawberries for decorating
- Melt chocolate in a water bath. Dip cups’ edge in chocolate and then in pink sprinkles. (Optional step)
- Blend frozen strawberries, milk and sugar until well blended.
- Add cream and vanilla sugar and blend.
- Pour into cups and decorate with whipped cream and dried strawberries.
- Drink with a straw while freezing cold.
Ingredients: (around 1 liter)
- 1/2 liter vanilla ice-cream
- 4 dl milk
- 10 Oreo cookies
- whipping cream, 5 Oreos + 2 crumbled Oreos for decoration
- Blend 10 Oreos and milk until well blended but small sized crumbs are visible.
- Add ice-cream and blend until well mixed.
- Pour into cups and decorate with whipping cream. Top with crushed Oreos and 1 full Oreo per cup.
It was a great week and we got many compliments about our drinks. We sold more than 200 milkshakes in addition to the around 150 juices and smoothies we sold. Success!!
In order to attract more customers, I bought a big red dice which each person got to roll when they came to buy a drink. If they rolled a 1 then they got a 50% discount on their drink. This along with the cute bamboo bar, crépe paper flowers we made, blue fairy lights and sombreros made for a very fun and attractive “bar”.
I think these milkshakes will be a hit at any kind of children’s or teenagers’ party.