I discovered some boxes of cream cheese that I had forgotten in the back of my fridge and they were about to expire. I know my daughter loves cream cheese ice cream so I decided that that was what I would make. I already had some whipping cream in the freezer I could use – I sometimes buy food close to expiring and freeze it. Then when at the supermarket, I saw some very cheap strawberries and just knew I had to make STRAWBERRY ice cream.
The recipe is very simple and very quick to make!!
- 900 grams strawberries
- 600 grams cream cheese
- 500 ml whipping cream, 38% fat
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Wash and de-core strawberries. Put in blender and blend.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla sugar to strawberries and blend.
- Add cream and blend.
- Pour mixture into 2 loaf pans lined with a strip of wax paper.
- Put in freezer until frozen.
Once it’s frozen it’s quite hard, so it’s easier to cut if you take it out of the freezer a few minutes before serving it.
This ice cream is so easy to make and all kinds of fruit can be added. I’d suggest adding chopped strawberries as well to give it a more beautiful look.
And then, of course, Enjoy it!