I’ve determined to start up posting again, beginning with this Chicken Caesar Salad I made for dinner tonight. My daughter wanted a meat salad and so I went to Pinterest for solutions. At this moment in my life, Pinterest is the best, and my go-to in time of need.
As usual, I adapted the recipe slightly to make it easier for myself. The recipe is found in Cooking Classy. I think I’ll just give a brief run-down of what I did.
- 450 grams chicken breast, fried and sliced thinly
- leaves of iceberg lettuce, cut in 2 cm pieces
- 5 slices white bread, cut in 1 cm pieces
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Greek yoghurt Caesar dressing (recipe follows)
- olive oil dressing, for croutons (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup 10% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 small cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 5 slices white bread
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/4 each salt and black pepper
Toss, as they say, (though for me it’s more like mix) all ingredients together. Voilà…it’s ready to serve and eat. My version is only enough for 2 hungry salad lovers since I didn’t use much lettuce.
This is a good recipe I’m sure I’ll use again. Hope you feel like trying it too. Cheers